Thursday 12 April 2012

Never Been Marcused - s02e02 - Vanessa

Never Been Marcused - s02e02 - Vanessa

Never Been Marcused - s02e02 - Vanessa by thegossiplook featuring a nail lacquer

Vanessa: It's still kind of a mess, but I think you get the idea. Well? You're being very quiet. Is that good quiet or bad quiet? Come on. I'm freaking out. I'm freaking out.
Rufus: This place is amazing. People might actually come here.
Vanessa: That was the idea.
Rufus: I know, but when I talked about converting our storage space into a cafe, I was thinking of a folding table and a coffeemaker. Vanessa, thank you. This is a great homecoming present. It's exactly what I needed.
Vanessa: What you needed for what? Aren't you happy to be home?
Rufus: Yeah, of course. I can't wait till the kids get back from the Hamptons. I miss 'em like crazy.
Vanessa: And they miss you, too, but...
Rufus: No buts. I had a great time this summer. I had forgotten what it
was like to be on the road, performing for a live audience night after night.
Vanessa: And now that you remember...
Rufus: I'm grateful for the memory. Now does this place actually serve coffee or what?
Vanessa: Yes, it does.
Rufus: Uh, to go, please. I need to head downtown.
Vanessa: One house blend, on the house.
...

Nate: You know, they're obviously just trying to scare us to get us to rat out my dad.
Vanessa: You do know where he is, right?
Nate: Yeah, but... I couldn't. Even after everything he's done. Just had to put it out there.
Vanessa: But if the worst-case scenario comes true, I promise my sister and I will give your mom some good pointers on how to do more with less.
Nate: I'd love to see that.
Vanessa: The salvation army's having a bag sale on saturday, and Ruby knows this place in the village that has two-for-one taco night.
Nate: Stop it.
Vanessa: It's lesbian-mexican. Sometimes their band plays there.
Nate: Um, just one second, okay? Hey, mom.
Anne: Hey, Nate. I just wanted to apologize for scaring you this morning. It turns out I was able to fix things after all.
Nate: How? you didn't tell them where dad is, did you?
Anne: Of course not. I just got a loan from a family friend.
Nate: From who?
Anne: That doesn't matter.
Nate: But I just find it hard to believe that you opened up to one of the book club ladies and told them we're completely broke.
Anne: He's not in book club. He's outside of my regular circle.
Nate: Oh, so you just asked someone you barely know for money?
Anne: I didn't ask. He offered, and when I tried to refuse, he insisted that it was the right thing to do.
Nate: The right thing to do? You said he's outside of your regular circle? Is he in mine?
Anne: Nate, please stop it. Let me do this.
Nate: Okay, fine. I won't bring it up again.
Vanessa: Everything okay?
Nate: No, actually, it's not. Look, I gotta go. I'll come back later tonight, but I have to find Chuck first. Oh, I forgot to tell you, the place looks great. I'm so glad I called you. I really missed you this summer.
Vanessa: Thanks. Me, too.
...
Rufus: A little soon for flowers, no?
Vanessa: Just a few finishing touches.
Rufus: A much better job than I could've ever done.
Vanessa: You just weren't here to do it.
Rufus: Sure, but you were. How would you like to continue?
Vanessa: Why? Where have you been all day?
Rufus: I, uh, had a meeting with Tanya Donelly. She has a college tour coming up.
Vanessa: Another tour? What do Dan and Jenny think?
Rufus: Well, before I ask them, I wanted to see if it was even possible. Alison's open to coming back for a while longer, but I know that summer's over, and you've got your schoolwork.
Vanessa: Yeah, homeschooling really ties me up. If, however, you're asking if I don't mind sticking around while you're away, it's not exactly brain surgery. But are you really sure you wanna leave so soon?
Rufus: Well, if I'm honest, I'm not sure what I want. This was supposed to be my chance to get it all out of my system. But I didn't know how much I missed it. I'm not done.
Vanessa: Wow. That is honest. Well, whatever you decide, I loved fixing up the place, and I'd be happy to stick around. Just let me know.
Rufus: Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...