Monday 9 April 2012

Never Been Marcused - s02e02 - Blair

Never Been Marcused - s02e02 - Blair

GossipGirl: Tip number three-- take time to smell the flowers. It's true that all good things must come to an end, and August is no exception. They don't call it "fall" for nothing.
Nate: Hey, this is Nate. Please leave a message.
Catherine: Nate, it's Catherine. Listen, last night was not smart. In fact, it was very, very stupid, which is why we're gonna have to be much more clever when we get back to the city. Call me when you get this. Oh. Darling.
Marcus: Duchess, you weren't home when I packed up. Just wanted to say good-bye
to you and dad before I left.
Catherine: Well, your father's run up to Boston till tomorrow, but I'm sure he sends his love. Listen, I'll see you in the city for dinner. I want to hear all about your summer.
Marcus: And me, yours.
Catherine: See you then.
GossipGirl: Ah. Manhattan, here we come. Cheers to that, Blair. Nothing says "welcome home" like a bottle of bubbly...
Blair: Ready? Aah!
GossipGirl: ...and a scandal bubbling.
...

Blair: So? what are your plans later? I mean, besides racquet sports with your new friend Chuck?
Marcus: Oh, the Duchess was hoping we'd get dinner.
Blair: Dinner? I'd love to have dinner with your mother.
Marcus: Oh, she's my stepmother, actually, not that this makes her an any less forceful presence in my life. But I meant we are having dinner--she and i. We haven't seen each other much all summer, so...
Blair: Oh. Of course. I understand. It's just... You'll be missing my big party.
Marcus: You're having a party?
Blair: I can't believe I didn't mention it. Every year I have a big "Welcome back to the city" party for all my friends. It's only my favorite event of the year.
Marcus: Then I'll tell the Duchess we'll catch up another time.
Blair: You don't have to, but thank you.
...
Blair: Well done, Dorota. I like what I'm seeing. Now make the library the sky terrace, the ranunculus dahlias, the veuve clicquot laurent-pierre, and I think we have ourselves a party.
Dorota: Thank you, miss Blair.
Blair: This guest list, however, is a complete page one.
Dorota: But those are your friends.
Blair: Then invite strangers. I have to present myself as a crown jewel, surrounded by other smaller, slightly flawed gems, but quality stones nonetheless. And try to round up a couple people who can vote so it doesn't feel like a total high school party.
Blair: A party at the Hudson, huh? I got your message. Since when are you having a party?
Blair: Since it became clear that Marcus does not think I'm worthy of meeting his family.
Serena: Oh, my God.
Blair: Obviously I have some more work to do.
Serena: B, you don't have to do this.
Blair: Yes, I do. Marcus dated the descendant of Princess Grace. His consort needs to be able to host royal dinners and hobnob with oligarchs and dictators.
Serena: Well, if you can't find common ground with a dictator, I don't know who can.
Blair: Dan likes soccer, right? Or "football," as Marcus calls it. You think it'd be too weird if he came?
Serena: Um, no, not necessarily.
Blair: Good. You'll call him?
Serena: Wait, so does this mean you actually think Dan has a redeeming quality?
Blair: As long as he knows his arse from his arsenal, I think he's aces.
Serena: Well, this could be a good opportunity for us to get together and talk. You know, I have been thinking about the breakup--
Blair: Ugh! What is to think about? You're finally free from downer Dan, and I have my old Serena back. So come on. There's lots of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...