Saturday 7 April 2012

Never Been Marcused - s02e02 - Blair

Never Been Marcused - s02e02 - Blair



GossipGirl: Summer tip number two-- there's no "we" in summer, only "u" and "me." Find out where you stand before you find yourself stood up. Anyone can canoodle in July and August, but will he be gone by September?
Blair: So what's next?
Marcus: I was thinking breakfast—a little french toast, some coffee.
Blair: No. I mean, since you don't go to Princeton or Georgetown, I assume you're not headed back to college. So where are you headed? Are you staying here?
Marcus: Would it be too forward of me to say I'll go wherever you go?
Blair: I'd be honored, Milord.
Marcus: Blair, you don't have to call me that. In fact, you shouldn't--
Blair: I know. Don't worry. I was up all night reading "Debrett's Peerage." I'm well versed in your lordly ways, and I'm ready to meet the Queen, which I also watched on dvd, b.t.w.
Marcus: Well, I can see that you are quite prepared.


Blair: As you've probably guessed, I have to get back to the city. Senior year awaits.
Marcus: Mm. Let me think. A beautiful girl, autumn in New York. Well, I think I could find some
way to entertain myself.
Blair: Really?
Marcus: Absolutely. My family will be glad I'm staying in one place for a while.
Blair: Oh, your family. I'd love to meet the Duke and Duchess.
Marcus: Duchess. right. W-well, we'll see.
Blair: Will you excuse me for a moment? Things are going south with Lord Marcus.
Serena: Who's Lord Marcus?
Blair: James. It turns out that he was only pretending to be a commoner. It's like "Roman Holiday," only I'm Gregory Peck, and he's Audrey Hepburn.
Serena: Oh, suddenly it's all so clear.
Blair: He's not really a college student. He's a Lord, and I love him.
Serena: Okay, I'm gonna take your word for it, but, Blair, love?
Blair: Like, very much. And not just because Tom Hanks gave him a kleenex at Lady D's funeral.
Serena: And you really expect me to believe this isn't all about revenge on Chuck?
Blair: Revenge is so 12 hours ago, and just because Marcus happens to be the perfect post-Bass
Palate cleanser doesn't mean he isn't a delicious dish in his own right.
Serena: Okay, so it sounds like you guys are soul mates. What exactly is the problem?
Blair: He's being vague about the future.
Chuck: Marcus. Hey.
Marcus: Hello, Chuck.
Chuck: I was just getting something to eat. Do you mind if I join you?
Marcus: I do, yes. Uh, I'm dining with Blair. And I feel I should tell you, I know you two have a history.
Chuck: Around here, who doesn't? but you're with Blair now. I get that. There's no reason we can't be civil. After all, isn't that a trait your people pride themselves on?
Marcus: Right. Well, for England then.
Chuck: Shall we?
Marcus: We shall.
...
Serena: Wait, you just found out this guy's real identity. I think it's a little soon to be worrying about the rest of your lives.
Blair: But not the rest of the year. It's the season for flings-- tennis pros and townies. I'm his secret summer shame.
Serena: Blair Waldorf--a fling? Hmm. you're not exactly low maintenance.
Blair: Speaking of, where were you last night? Did the lifeguard turn up at the party, or did you find another disposable?
Serena: Uh, sorry, Blair. I have to go.
Blair: Wait. Serena!
...
Chuck: And that's me.
Marcus: Fantastic. I'll call you.
Chuck: Please. And, uh...
Blair: Chuck, what are you doing in my chair?
Marcus: Oh, we've got a date to play squash at Chuck's father's club.
Blair: Charles, sidebar.
Chuck: Actually, we weren't finished.
Blair: Notice how my voice didn't go up at the end? Not a question. Squash? I'll squash you.
Chuck: It's just a game, Blair.
Blair: Not to me, Bass-hole. I like him.
Chuck: And so do I, and apparently, he doesn't have too many friends.
Blair: Chuck just informed me that he and Serena are leaving immediately. Do you think I could catch a ride back into town with you?
Marcus: Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...