Friday 16 March 2012

Summer, Kind of Wonderful - s02e01 - Jenny

Summer, Kind of Wonderful - s02e01 - Jenny

Jenny: Hey. How's Vermont?
Rufus: Great. Vanessa and her parents were at last night's gig. I didn't even know she was up here. When I asked her how Dan was doing, she didn't answer. I had hoped maybe that she could help him get over Serena this summer.
Jenny: I don't think Dan needs any help in that department, and I think Vanessa noticed.
Rufus: Is he still dating up a storm?
Jenny: Well, if you call a different girl every night "dating." I'm a little worried about him, dad.
Rufus: Is he there?
Jenny: He's still sleeping. He was out pretty late last night.
Rufus: Have him call me when he wakes up. Hey, you know, you haven't told me how the dress went over.
Jenny: Yeah, it's over. Uh, Laurel doesn't want to wear it to the party.
Rufus: Well, why don't you wear it?
Jenny: Dad, as nice as it is that you're encouraging me to get my designs out there, the White Party's, like, super exclusive. I mean, summer interns do not get to go. Last year, they even turned away Jack Johnson.
Rufus: Sounds like a party with taste.
Jenny: Dad!
Rufus: Also sounds like the kind of party the Van der Woodsens would go to. Have you asked Eric about it?
Jenny: Yeah, that might be a little awkward, considering the last conversation we had. I sort of said some things I shouldn't have. You know, maybe I should have just come with you this summer. Eleanor's been in Paris, like, the entire time, and Laurel's been so worried about everything. What if it was a waste?
Rufus: It's not a waste if there's time to change it. Maybe you should start with Eric and then go from there.
Jenny: Thanks, dad. See you Sunday?
Rufus: You know it.
Jenny: Okay, bye.
...
Eric: If it's apology time, you're about three months late.
Jenny: Eric, wait...
Eric: ...And let me guess. you want something.
Jenny: Yeah, you're right. Um, does it help that the new me just answered that honestly?
Eric: Not really.
Jenny: Look... I know I acted like a complete and total raging bitch last year. But what you don't know is how bad I felt about it all summer. You were the only person that was friends with me for me, and I hurt you the worst.
Eric: Well, you did get yours in the end. And since it's not like I have many fries myself, I guess I could use every lying, manipulating, backstabbing one I can get. What did you have in mind?
Jenny: Well, do you happen to be in the Hamptons right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...