Saturday 15 October 2011

Hi, Society - s01e10 - Jenny

Hi, Society - s01e10 - Jenny

Hi, Society - s01e10 - Jenny by thegossiplook featuring knit hats


Jenny: I don’t understand why you don’t get this, okay? A depudante ball is all a girl could ask for. It’s gorgeous and formal and totally legendary.
Dan: Don’t forget out of touch and totally classist.
Jenny: And if that’s how you feel, then why are you even going?
Dan: I’m not going and neither is Serena, actually. I’m just going to meet her grandmother to make a good impression and… take off before I put foot in my mouth like I usually do.

Serena: Oh! You’re here! I’m so glad.
Dan: Hey!
Serena: Oh! I can’t wait for you to meet my grandma Cece. You’re just gonna love her.
Dan: Sure I know.
Lily: Well, if you don’t listen to me, you’re gonna hear it from her and I promise, you don’t want that to happen. The brands I listed are the key to her happiness and that includes Tanqueray. Dan, Jenny. It’s so good to see you.
Jenny: Hi.
Serena: Oh hey, Jenny, what are you even doing here?
Dan: Oh, she loves these things, apparently.
Lily: Well, I wish Serena did. It would make my life a whole lot easier.
Serena: My grandma was the chairwoman for this event for 15 years and now the committee’s asked my mom to join.
Lily: And my daughter could not wait to go for ten years and then suddenly, she’s not even coming. Jenny? Jenny? Why don’t you volunteer?
Jenny: Well, Blair’s lead deb and we’re sort of on the outs. You know, I’m sure if she wanted my help, she would’ve asked.
Lily: Well, I’m asking. I mean, of course, we’d have to get your parents’ permission first but… we could use some more help.
Jenny: I’m certainly fine. See you on Saturday.
Lily: Oh, actually it’s Sunday.
Jenny: Uh… can I call you?
Lily: Okay.
Jenny: Hey dad.
Rufus: Hey, sweetheart. I sense a favour is about to be asked.
Jenny: It’s just… well, it turns out I got a volunteer position at a charity.
Rufus: That’s great. When is it?
Jenny: Sunday night and I know it’s mom’s opening and I know it’s really important but I can do both.
Rufus: As a family, we support each other. And when one of us has something important, we all show up for it. Maybe you can volunteer next year.
Jenny: Dad.
Alison: Volunteer for what?
Jenny: Nothing, it doesn’t matter ‘cause dad said I can’t go.
Alison: Hey, I… went thrift store shopping and I found great stuff. I got you some black vintage pumps. They’re gonna go perfectly with the dress you’re gonna wear for the opening.
Jenny: Mom, the kids I go to school with shop at Saks and Bendel’s. I can’t be walking around in someone’s old shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...